Wednesday, July 15, 2009

ETEMS:what’s the big deal?

My dad, a retired lecturer is against ETEMS. Reason: “kesian students, subject B.I pun kadang2 tak faham, apatah lagi nak ajar Math dan Science dlm B.I”.

My mom a secondary school teacher supports ETEMS. Reason: “B.I penting sekarang ni. Elokla Science dan Math dlm B.I, biar penggunaan B.I lebih meluas”.

My hubby, an educator: “Nak luaskan penggunaan B.I, it has to start somewhere. Mula2 memang la susah, students rase susah, cikgu pun rase susah. Tapi, pelan2 la, sikit2…

Personally, I pity students who are already weak in English now that they have to learn Math and Science in English. But, I believe, in order to make students proficient in English, ETEMS is necessary. This is not the matter of ‘tak cintakan bahasa sendiri’. Being a Malay, I speak Malay in my everyday lives. I dream in Malay. I eat Malay foods. I wear baju kurung to school…But, admit it English is very important nowadays. With ETEMS, students are ‘forced’ to increase the level of their proficiency in English whether they like it or not. Therefore, ETEMS should not be banished.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Flowers and Decors. Powered by Blogger