Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Says who being a teacher is easy?

People may say being a teacher is easy. Yela kan..cikgu pukul 1pm or 1.30pm dah boleh balik dah.paling lewat pun if ade meeting pukul 2 pm lebih dah boleh balik dah. Sekali sekala je ade activity sukan petang2. Cuti sekolah pun cuti ape. That’s why people said it’s easy being a teacher.


Yeah, I admit that it puzzled me and sometimes scared me to see some people go to work very early in the morning and only come back at like 8pm. But then again, being a teacher we deal with students aka children. For primary school, we deal with kiddos. For secondary school we deal with teenagers. I am primary school teacher. Given a choice, I will choose to teach primary school. Why? For me, personally, although I have to deal with those students who are not interested to learn and give you hell, but, when you teach those who are interested to learn and are well-behaved, it gives you indescribable satisfaction that will make you smile at the end of the day. Satisfaction like no other…because these students are young and Iprefer to teach young learners.


As teacher, I tend to remember students who are clever and well-behaved. I remember them with a smile on my face and pray that they will continue to be good students/good sons/good daughters/good muslim (for muslims) and ‘jadi orang yg berguna’ and I silently congratulating their parents…congratulations! Why? You are able to produce and bring up a son/daughter that in my opinion will make you feel grateful to god.



Sometimes, I do meet parents of these well-behaved students, I wanted to say to them, “Anak encik/puan ni baik. Pandai encik/puan mendidiknya. Tahniah…”. But, I didn’t. I only said it in my heart. I also tend to remember the naughty ones who always give you trouble. I remember them but not with a smile on my face. I silently pray that these students one day will value education and please don’t be a mat rempit/drug addict/bohsia, etc. Family background plays a very big role in building the students’ characters and attitudes. Do take care of your children parents…so they won’t give teachers at school so much trouble.


If you think it’s easy being a teacher. Think again. Do you dare to control a class of 35 to 40 students in it? Sometimes, I feel more like a babysitter than a teacher. Controlling the students takes so much of your time and energy. That’s why teacher sometimes punish students who are not so well=behaved, they get on our nerve and only gives us trouble and disturb the teaching and learning process in class. Which teacher like such students? No one. Period. If only every students had a dream of furthering their studies in university, then they will be interested to learn and will be a well-behaved student. Then teacher’s duty to teach students will run smoothly and effectively. Haha! Dream on! Not every student is interested to learn or furthering their studies in university. Oh well, kalau semua orang dah jadi orang terpelajar nanti dah takde nilai lagila ‘terpelajar’ tu, rite? Then, siape pulak nak jadi those occupation that don’t required high education qualification like buruh and such. Then, kite pun terpaksa lah import pekerja2 asing jadi buruh, etc.


Oh well, whatever it is. I love being a teacher and I love teaching. Kena banyak sabar jadi cikgu ni. Sabar dengan perangai students yg pelbagai ragam dan pelbagai latar belakang. And don’t ever think it’s easy to become a teacher. It never is. Kerja pejabat lagi senang rasenya…

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Flowers and Decors. Powered by Blogger